Tuesday, July 12, 2011

::My Life for Thee::

I (Bekah) have always had a strong love for poetry, constantly writing my feelings down in the beautiful language of poetic form! Lately I've been thinking about how nothing in this life I do is right. I'm constantly failing, and I'm so full of pride. But Jesus says come, my yoke is easy, my burdens light. I turned some of these thoughts into poetry:

\                      "How oft my heart turns from thee God
                        And looks for worldly goods abroad!
                        My eyes, they wonder from they face
                        To look on things in this worlds space.
                        My tongue, instead of singing praise,
                        Speaks haughtily throughout the day!
                        My feet, instead of walking THY ways,
                        Walk in my paths, and i do stray!
                        In seeing my life, so full of dross,
                        I fear i do forget the cross!
                        How you, the Lamb of Calvary,
                        Suffered, bled and died for me!
                        How can a mortal repay this debt,
                        Being a liar, a sinner, a hypocrite?!
                        And you're response is come to me,
                       My yoke is easy, my grace is free!
                       Lord, use my life for other to see
                       The wonderful things you've done for me!
                       And let my light in this world shine
                       Til' i stand in Thy light devine."

Can we thank Him enough? We cannot. Can we repay Him? We cannot. Can we live for Him? Always.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment